Ok let's see...since I last posted Ethan and I have completely finished our finals and are just waiting on grades to come out (hopefully this Friday). We got our laundry done and our apartment clean and we started packing to go to Mississippi.
We got to my parents' house Thursday and almost immediately went to the reservoir on the boat and ate catfish. It was a gorgeous night! We had gone to Jackson for my great friend, Erin's, wedding. Friday was the bridesmaid's brunch. It was so fun to see Erin and Kimmie and some other friends from college. I also got to meet all the other awesome girls. After the brunch, I went to see Kimmie at work and went home to pick up Ethan. We had planned on visiting the tutoring center that afternoon, but our car started making a super weird noise. We took it to the shop and had to leave it there to be fixed. By the time that was all over we did not have time to drive all the way out to the tutoring center. I was so sad. It really broke my heart not to be able to go. They were expecting us and I had been looking forward to it for weeks. Oh well, another day!
Friday night was the rehearsal and the dinner. It was so much fun. Dinner was beautiful and wonderful. Of course, Saturday was wedding day, but before we had to be at the church I got to go to lunch with one of my greatest friends, Kimmie. It was awesome. She's so beautiful and inspires me in so many ways. She really is an incredible woman of God. The pre-wedding activities were fun. We had lots of time to rest and hang out. Erin looked gorgeous! Her wedding was fabulous and I was completely honored to be a part of it. I love her so much!
Sunday we were able to visit our church in Madison. It was so awesome to see everyone and see how the church is doing. We really miss everyone. Then lunch at my parents' house with so many people, family and friends. It was amazing! I went shopping with my mom that afternoon and that was a good time. Monday morning we had things to do around town but then drove up to Slayden to Ethan's family. Ethan's sister graduated from high school Monday night. She is an incredible young woman and I was so proud of her! We got to spend a lot of time hanging out with the Joneses and eating good food and playing Guitar Hero with Kirby. One thing that I was able to do was have lunch with another one of my greatest friends, Elissa. She's awesome! We got to hang out and talk and I got to see her office and meet some people she works with. She is super talented and I am sure is the BEST at what she does. We drove home to Fort Worth on Thursday. It is about an 8 1/2 hour drive but it took 11 because of bad weather. We got caught in hail and everything. Rough! It was so good to be home!
This week is crazy but so much fun and so exciting! Our church is moving buildings. We are moving to our first building of our own directly across the street from where we are now. Sunday will be our service in the building so we are moving everything over there this week. The staff has been working so hard getting it all done. We had a fun cook out over there last night for the holiday, since most of them had been working all day. We are all so excited!! I may not see my husband much this week though.
I think that's it. We are just trying to settle into the summer routine. I guess I'll post after the church moves.
Have a fun day!
No comments:
Post a Comment