Monday, September 1, 2008

Worst Blogger Ever?

So I know I am the worst blogger ever. It has been 3 months since I've update. But a lot has been going on...

Having a long break from school was great. But it was weird to be "adults" this summer and actually have 40 hour a week jobs. It was great though. We are enjoying this new stage of our lives. Speaking of jobs...I got a promotion at work that will begin in December. I will become the Lead Teacher of a room, which provides a complete scholarship for school that Ethan and I can share. This is a huge blessing!

We had a great cookout in June, the Summer Solstice Cookout. We had about 20 friends so up and eat burgers & hotdogs and play lots of ultimate frisbee. We are very thankful for the new friends we've made here.

Our 2 year anniversary was July 1. We didn't go on a trip this year, but we did go eat at Texas de Brazil, which is incredible. If you have not eaten there, I highly suggest it! I can't believe we've been married for 2 years now. It has flown by and we are having the time of our lives.

We went to Puerto Rico on a mission trip with our church. That was one of the best trips I've been on. God worked in some amazing ways. We got to see Him do things that only He can do loved getting to tell everyone about it! We are very thankful to have had the opportunity to go on that trip together. It was neat for Ethan to see where I spent a full summer of my life right before I met him. I got to see some fun friends again. Puerto Rico is one of the most beautiful places. We enjoyed the mountains and the beach. What a blessing to get to experience God's creation in that way!

Two weeks after that, we went to Mississippi for a mission trip on the coast with a group from our church. I got to go early and spend a few days with my family first. It was really nice. The trip to the coast was very nice. We worked really hard and got a lot done. It was also really cool for Ethan and I to see the progress they have made down there. We haven't been in about 1 1/2 years and a lot has been done. Proud to be from Mississippi!

When we got back from Mississippi, it was time to start school again. We both love our classes, but have a full semester ahead of us. We are working hard to be disciplined and keep up with everything. Work for me is crazy. I am not used to children this young and I am really trusting the Lord to give me His strength because that is the only way I am going to make it in there.

That's it for now. I will try to do better with my updates. Thanks for reading! :)

No comments: