Monday, December 1, 2008

Once Again Reminded...

So I've been waiting for tonight for a few days now. Tonight you could see Venus and Jupiter lined up in the southwest sky. They will not be lined up this closely together again until 2015. They were so bright and sparkly. It was just beautiful. I went out to see them. Then I came and got Ethan and we looked at them together. Then we had to run across the street to pick up something from a friend and we showed her too. It seriously was neat to me just to stand outside on the balcony and watch these two planets glisten in the sky. They are so huge and so far away. I mean it's a whole other planet! Two of them. It was stunning.

I am always taken aback by the sky. Seriously, we are so tiny. Our lives really are just a vapor. The fact that God chooses us, chooses to show himself to us and have relationships with us, is just amazing. It's really beyond comprehension sometimes. He just loves us that much and lets us in on the beauty and complexity of his creation. It is so vast we can't comprehend how big it is and yet we can stand on the balcony and look at it. Pretty cool.

No comments: