Saturday, January 3, 2009

Action Packed Month

December was a full month! We finished up exams thankfully. It was a long semester. Also, on the 11th I found out that I was going to be losing my job. The seminary decided to shut down the children's center where I worked for financial reasons. It was a super sad few days following that news. My last day at work was December 31st. It was a lot of work getting the classroom ready to be locked for 2 years or more. I was exhausted by the end of the day. But it is done. I have worked there for 1 1/2 years. I have really grown close to some of my co workers and children and my boss, but thankfully we can keep in touch. It was hard to walk away, but I am ready for this new chapter in my life.

Christmas was great. We went to Ethan's parents' house first and got to relax a good bit. We slept in, ate a lot of good food, got some good presents. It was really nice to see them. Then we went to my parents' house, which was also great. We got to relax and visit some good friends, got some more good presents. Then we came home. We were glad to be back in our little tiny, quiet apartment.

Ethan preached the Sunday after Christmas and did a fabulous job. You can hear it at www.bearcreek.cc. I am very very proud of him!

For New Year's Eve, we went to our pastor's house for a little party. It was great fun. We ate a lot of food, played a lot of guitar hero, watched the LSU game. Even though I was super tired from work, it was really nice to be around good friends.

And for the past few days, we have done next to nothing. We have really enjoyed being super lazy. We did rearrange our apartment and we really like it, feels like a new home. I also tried making authentic chicken curry on my own and it was pretty good. The trip to the Indian food store was an adventure, but I liked the store.

As far as job searching goes, I have applied to probably 15 or so different jobs. Something has got to work out! I'll update when something comes through. I know God has all this in control and has another job in store. I would just really like to know what it is!

No comments: