Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Perhaps the Longest Week

So this past week has probably been one of the longest weeks of my life. Monday I was feeling horrible and rested all evening. Tuesday I was still not feeling well, but stayed at home and got a lot of things done. Tuesday night I woke up in the middle of the night with a super high fever. I got it down and Wednesday made an appointment with the doctor. Turns out I have strep throat! Which I though would be no big deal...get some antibiotics, sleep for a day or two and then be done with it. No such luck. Apparently strep in adults is one of the worst things you can get. I was feeling so awful on Thursday afternoon I called my mom and she came over to help out. Ethan had class and work and was behind because of taking care of me. Mom was a huge help! I was feeling better on Saturday to the point where my mom decided I could probably get out of the house for a little while. After 1 1/2 hours of not really even doing anything, I was miserably exhausted. I came home and tried to sleep but my blood pressure was so high that I could not get comfortable. My sweet husband brought me back to the doctor and she said that I was fine, just my body was overworking itself to get over the strep. She drew some blood to check on some things but she wasn't too concerned and sent me home to get some rest. So basically, I am sitting here on the couch waiting for those tests to come back and to get the go ahead to get up and do things. We'll see. Hopefully today!! But I have been getting better slightly each day so that is good. As long as I'm not getting worse. I am just not the type of person to sit on the couch and do nothing for a week. It is not fun at all. I have watched so much TV and movies it's ridiculous. I just want to get better and get a job!!

But God's timing is always perfect and I am sure He has something in store for all of this. I needed time to be able to rest and get better and I also needed to not jump at the first job offered to me. Because of that, I may have a good shot at a job I really really want instead. We are still praying and waiting. God is good.

No comments: