Monday, April 6, 2009

I always forget...

As I go through my day I usually think of things to post on my blog. Somehow, though, when I get home and to the computer I never remember what it was. And if for some reason I do remember if I put it off until later and then by then I've forgotten. Oh well. My life really isn't all that interesting and I flatter myself by thinking anyone would want to read about it. Nevertheless, I still post about my life.

If you have been reading this you know I am at a new job this semester. The Lord graciously provided it for me. I did not like it so much at first, to be honest with you. It was hard and tiring, the kids were mean and I could not control them. I prayed and prayed for God to teach me what it was He wanted me to learn so I could get the heck out of there. I just wanted to know my purpose for being in that place. Well, the past two weeks, the Lord revealed to me His reason for putting me there, one of them at least. I cannot go into detail on the internet about what happened, but I truly believe that God used me to show His love to some of the children I work with and they have responded. Not responded by accepting Him into their life, but by opening up to me in ways they do not usually do with other people. My heart has been broken for 2 weeks, especially for this one particular little girl. It has been hard, but I know that the God who loves me is providing me with strength to get through it and consequently, I have found much joy in my job lately, even through the sadness. I am so thankful for my God!

Just wanted to share that with you. Maybe it will be an encouragement to you in your life. But more than anything, for those that read this that pray for me, THANK YOU! God answered!

No comments: