Saturday, May 23, 2009

The Need to Brag

So today I was just thinking about how proud I am of my husband and some friends of ours for running a 5K this morning and the longer I thought about that, the more people I am proud of popped into my head. Some were for big reasons, others for smaller ones. I decided I needed to make a list. So here it is...

I'm proud of:
1. my sweet Ethan for running the 5K in less than 30 minutes. also for finishing a really long and hard semester beautifully.
2. my dad for cleaning out the garage, which sounds small, but it is a huge physical and emotional undertaking.
3. my mom for being willing to make the 7 hour drive out here just to see her daughter.
4. my sister, Molly, for freaking being an oncology nurse and for allowing the Holy Spirit in her to be the peace her patients and their families need during these hard times.
5. my amazing friend Heather for all the selfless work she does. being a missionary in the US cannot be an easy task and she does an incredible job.
6. my precious friend Jaime Lyn for going through the tough stuff to, ultimately follow God's call in her life.
7. my stunning friend Amanda for allowing God to mold her into the amazing woman of God she has become. (and her fiance, Seth, for realizing that and putting a ring on her finger!)
8. my beautiful friend Kimmie for literally being the walking example of "the joy of the Lord is my strength."
9. my brilliant friend Elissa for being an incredible writer. i read her blog each update and am amazed at how someone can put words together like that.
10. my hilarious friend Mochelle, for beasting that 5K and working her butt off even when she doesn't feel like it. she's an inspiration.
11. our friends Brent and Patti for following God all the way to Scotland.
12. our friend Rob who is serving God overseas (and who we get to see in just a few months!).
13. our friend Andy for being adventurous and experiencing the world.
14. my friend D'Ann for having the guts to have conversations that aren't so much fun, all in an effort to build her friendships.
15. my cousin Evan for finding his niche and devoting time and energy into becoming better at it.
16. my friend Drew (who I've known since he was about 6?) for graduating high school and memorizing the whole book of James to get his driver's license.
17. my cousin Issey for her incredible art and for being accepted into the Pratt School of Art and Design.
18. my friend Heather (who I haven't seen in forever) for being the cutest mom of preschoolers I've ever seen!
19. my friend Morgan (again who I haven't seen in forever...thank goodness for facebook) for being the cutest mom of all boys I've ever seen.


that's all for right now. i'm sure i'll come up with loads more as soon as i post this. i just wanted to get the list out while it was on my mind.

4 comments:

Haffner's World said...

Thanks Em!!! You are very sweet - I am proud of you for trusting in the Lord that He will provide and for giving your worries to Him :)

ivery said...

Hey, friend! Somehow, I found your blog tonight and read what you wrote about people in your life...and I know quite a few of them! Thanks for sharing your thoughts...love you.

Unknown said...

Em, I am proud of you every minute of every day. - mom

Tricia said...

When you wrote on my wall, I went to your facebook site and discovered your blog! Sweet!