We are well on our way to accomplishing one of Ethan's goals in education: to study abroad.
Ethan and I are headed to Germany for 2 months this summer! He will be studying German and gaining mastery of the language. German is a required research language for a PhD in Old Testament and this experience will help Ethan be a better researcher in his field. It is not required for his degree to study abroad, however, Ethan has a goal of doing his best in mastering German, so this is a great step for him.
Because I can read your mind and I know you're wondering, here's some Q&A...
So, where will we be? Good question. We will be in Göttingen, a small university town in north central Germany. We have some dear friends who are currently studying in Göttingen, so we look forward to being there with them.
What will Ethan do? Another good question! Ethan will be going to classes Monday-Friday. He'll be in small groups of people speaking only in German. What's cool about this program is that the people in the classes are from all over the world and from all different professional backgrounds. He could be in class with a doctor from Africa and a banker from Australia. The common ground is the German language everyone is learning.
What will Emily do? Great question! I plan on making friends, drinking coffee, reading books, walking in the park, visiting the local farmers market, exploring, and cooking meals for my hard working husband. I will likely spend a lot of time with our friends in town, too! We also have several friends visiting us (how crazy is that?!) and I am delighted to show them around.
This is an exciting time for us and we are thrilled to be going! God has been so very gracious in every step and we are looking forward to seeing how he uses this experience. Please pray for us as we prepare to go and follow along here for updates on our journey, if you'd like!
Love y'all!

1 comment:
WOOHOOO!!!
Post a Comment