This is what I did:
- Every two hours, I mixed 5 drops lemon, OnGuard, melaleuca, and 3 drops oregano and applied to the bottoms of my feet with coconut oil. I put socks on to keep it in place. You're actually supposed to do this mixture in an empty gel capsule, but I didn't have any.
- I diffused OnGuard and Breathe together constantly and kept the diffuser near me.
- Drank lots and lots of water with a drop of lemon.
- Used peppermint on my throat and back of neck for congestion.
- I did that for a whole day. The next day, I slowed it down to every 4 hours applying the bomb on my feet and continued to diffuse. I tried to drink a lot of water, but I'm actually really bad about that.
What I felt was surely going to be a winter cold and make me feel terrible, turned into just feeling poorly for about 2 days instead of longer. I have been reading that using the oils can shorten the duration of a cold/flu virus and now I believe it from experience!
*All these oils were contained in my Family Physician Kit. However, you could do the allergy shooter of 2 drops peppermint, lemon, and lavender in 2 oz of water or orange juice every 2 hours. From what I've read, that would have worked as well. And as a side note, that allergy shooter is what I do when I feel my allergy symptoms coming on. More on that later.
No comments:
Post a Comment