Monday, August 11, 2014

Last Bit from Around Town

Thought I'd share some pictures from our last few days.

The square downtown and the Altes Rathaus. One of my favorite locations. It was such a pretty day this day.


When PhD students graduate, they parade around town in make-shift wagons. It is hilarious. This is one of them.


I never ever got tired of the Schillerwiese, the park near our apartment. Evening talks here were my favorite.


Locals enjoying the beautiful weather and scenery in the Schillerwiese. The building in the back is the top of the Goethe Institut.


A sunset we saw on one of our last walks through town. The night was so lovely, that we just walked and talked for nearly 3 hours!


The Deutches Theater. I love the landscaping in the middle of the roundabout.


The library at University of Goettingen. 


A statue we passed on our walk to church each week. These two are a part of the Goettingen Seven, I believe.


Church. 


Our walk to and from church was mostly on the old city wall. It was so lovely.


These are some pretty houses I liked. I passed these a lot on our walks around town.





Last German Eis. Man, it was delicious.


There is an Academic Publisher in town. This is one of their locations. They print a lot of academic theology books in German.


Where Goethe lived in Goettingen.


Where Benjamin Franklin lived in Goettingen.


This is the statue in the center of town, appropriately named the Navel.


Sadly, my favorite aisle at the grocery store. So much Haribo!


My view from the kitchen. 


On our last walk through old downtown Goettingen. We were on our way to Cron & Lanz for dessert and coffee, so we were happy.


I loved this street. We walked it daily, as it was the main road from our apartment to the center of town and the grocery store. It just looks so quintessentially German with the half-timbered houses. 


Pretty view from inside Cron & Lanz.


Our final dessert choices from Cron & Lanz. We were not disappointed.



No comments: