Our sitting getaway was wonderful. It was so quiet and peaceful. We were able to sleep in and rest. We got school things done, but mostly we just enjoyed not being in the hustle and bustle of things. We had lots of time to pray together and just sit in the presence of God without noise, like the super loud train that goes by our apartment seemingly every 5 minutes. It was a great little marriage retreat, even though we weren't in a fancy hotel or anything. Ethan is incredible and any time I get a chance to spend lots of time with him is amazing!
Last weekend we had Couple's Night at church, which is always fun and quite a treat. We meet up at the church, draw names to split into groups, and go out to dinner together. The kids stay at the church so it's adults only. It was such a nice way to get to know some new people from the church. And the food was good too!
We finally have been able to start our prayer group back up! Each Monday night, Ethan and I meet some at some friends' house with other friends from church and just pray for each other and our church. It is an incredible time! Last semester, we saw God move in so many incredible ways that we praying together in groups is something we will never give up. But since the beginning of the year, someone has been sick or out of town each week so this was the first time we were able to be all together. It was amazing! I love praying with others and this experience has truly opened my eyes to God in a new way.
The rest of the week was pretty laid back. We did get to go to a concert at the House of Blues. Our friend from church has a brother in a band that had a cd release party on Friday. It was a sold out show and I completely understand why. They were amazing! The band is called The Early Republic and you should totally check them out! It was nice to feel "young" again and do something cool and fun and we got to support a great band in the process. We love music so it was a great way to spend a Friday night.
Neither Ethan or I really love Valentine's Day. But since it was Saturday night we went out like usual. This time we ran some shopping errands. I had some birthday money to spend so I was able to get some new jeans (finally!). We went to Pei Wei to try the new dish, Thai Mango Chicken, and we highly recommend it! We went to Target to get some odds and ends and then grabbed some coffee and a movie and had a relaxing evening at home, still in bed at a decent time for church the next morning.
This coming week should be pretty good. We have our version of disciple now, called Winter Blast, at church this weekend. Ethan and I are both helping out and it's always a good weekend. We're ending the weekend with cajun fest at our house to celebrate Mardi Gras. Also, I am getting my hair colored on Tuesday. YAY! Bye bye grays!
No comments:
Post a Comment