Well, we've made it to another end of semester. Exams start this week. I thought we'd never get here and now I feel like the semester has gone so quickly. It has been a really busy, hard semester, but as always it is fun to look back and see how God has provided for us and taken care of us each step of the way.
Like I said, we've had a really busy semester...
In January for my birthday I met my mom and sister in New Orleans for a girls weekend, which was a blast. Full of shopping and good food.
Also, in January I had to say goodbye to my best friend for 2 months.
In February I planned the Ladies' Retreat at our church. It was a lot of fun to plan but even more exciting to get to implement it. The best part was that one of my favorite people was our speaker and I got to spend the whole weekend with her.
In March for spring break, Ethan and I went to Puerto Rico on a mission trip with our church. That was a great trip! I expected it to be one thing and God totally had different plans. I got sick the first day there and had a rough week after that. God taught me a lot about submission and giving up control. I do not always have to be the one doing everything. Sometimes it is ok to sit back and just minister to people.
Also, in March I had to say goodbye again to my best friend as she moved to Africa to tell people about how much God loves them. I was REALLY sad for a little while, but more than anything I am full of pride and joy for her as she is right where God wants her.
In April, Ethan was ordained at his home church in Mississippi. Now he's legit! ...just kidding. It was a beautiful time of worship and challenge. The church did an amazing job making Ethan feel special and me as well. Ethan and I both were highly challenged and encouraged and God really used that weekend to affirm our call to ministry.
Also in April, my sister got engaged! Ethan and I unfortunately were not able to make it back to Mississippi for the family stuff this weekend because of really really really bad weather (think 54 tornados in one day in MS). We did get to Skype in for the big story and reveal of the ring. Hopefully I'll get to see her soon.
In May we will see another completed semester and have a few little things to do...hopefully see Wicked, visit with Ethan's sister and her boyfriend, and relax before...
In June, we go back to Puerto Rico for World Changers.
Sheesh. We have a lot going on. But it really a fun and exciting time!
No comments:
Post a Comment