Monday, November 22, 2010

Fall Update?

So, it appears as though I only update my blog once a season...so here's the fall update. :)

What has happened since July when I wrote about our adventure to Puerto Rico, you ask? A lot!

1. I got a new job! I now work full time for the seminary in the Office of Admissions. I am the Administrative Assistant to the office which I love. It allows me to be very organized, do paperwork (which I love), take care of people, talk to prospective students, and be bossy and let's be honest, you know I love to do all those things.

2. Ethan got a new job! Ethan is now the college director at Wedgwood Baptist Church. We are loving it! It's funny, we didn't think we were very old until we started hanging out with college students. But we are having so much fun loving on them, ministering to them, hanging out with them. And we love Wedgwood. What a great place to worship and hear God's word preached!

3. My sister got married! We all converged upon New Orleans for a beautiful wedding weekend. It is kind of a blur, it went by so quickly. The wedding was gorgeous and we had such a great time.



4. Both of my childhood best friends had babies! They are both girls. Beautiful, perfect, baby girls. I cannot believe we are old enough to be mommies already, but we are. They are great moms and I can't wait til Christmas break when I get to see them!
5. I hosted my first family Thanksgiving. The food was ready on time and it wasn't burned so I consider it a success! I have so much to be thankful for!
6. Ethan and I are ALMOST done with one more semester of seminary. We've both pushed our graduation dates back to next December, which I cannot lie, kind of made me sad for a while, but we won't be so stressed and we'll be learning so much and actually taking it all in.
So, that's a recap. We have really enjoyed this fall, it has just flown by!

2 comments:

Elissa Roberts said...

Didn't know about Ethan's new job! I knew about yours, but not his! That's awesome! Cannot wait to see you in a few weeks!

Emily Rose said...

Thanks, Liss! Yeah, we were pretty excited about it. God pretty much opened a door in our faces and pushed us through it. We are thrilled where we are!