Saturday, December 11, 2010

End of Another Semester

Each semester we always celebrate being done with 4 more months of graduate school. Lately I've been hard on myself for continually pushing back my graduation date back. I'm working on a 64 hour degree program that will take me 9 semesters to finish, which is how long it took me to finish my undergraduate degree that was more than double my masters.

I have been dreaming of the day where I can read for fun. When I don't have to write a paper. When I can come home from work, prop my feet up, and watch TV without guilt that I should be writing a paper. Without the stress of midterms and finals. Without having homework.

While my pride has taken a hit because of this, I am deciding not to worry about it anymore. I am so thankful that God has given Ethan and I the opportunity to be in school. I'm glad he called us here. So looking back, there are some pretty huge perks to taking school a little slower than normal. We have really soaked up all of our classes. I mean, we have really learned what we are supposed to be learning because we are not in class overload every semester. We have gotten to know some of professors really well. We will have lasting relationships with these brilliant people that we can fall back on throughout life. We have made so many friends. Although we've seen people come, graduate, and go, since we are still here we are meeting the new students. We have had lots of ministry opportunities. We have been able to take the summers off of school. I could probably go on and on.

So, although some of our friends who graduated at MC with us are already finished with med school and are currently signing their names as "Doctor," we are thankful for our time in Fort Worth so far and are looking ahead to many new things to learn and much more ministry to do!

No comments: