I hate that December has become a time for us to be so busy and focused on so many other things than celebrating Jesus. We run around shopping in large crowds being grumpy at the bad drivers, the woman that grabbed the last item off the shelf as you were reaching for it, the long lines at Target, the sassy employees. But do we spend enough time meditating on the fact that God came in human form to earth in the effort to save us from sin, death.
I don't want to be one of those people who is in a bad mood for the whole month of December. I love being with family. I adore getting to see my friends that I don't see often. I like the break from school and from work for a little bit. It's not all bad! And I'm not saying that if you LOVE shopping and wrapping presents and decorating every square inch of your house that you are a bad person and don't enjoy celebrating Jesus. I think we can do both. The only catch is, we have to make sure we actually do both. And not just split the time up evenly, but you can worship Jesus in the decorating, in the cooking, in the gift-giving, in the spending time with family and friends.
This year, let's be focused on Jesus in all things. I need to remind myself to to do this all the time. It's a daily task.
Happy Christmas, everyone. I hope you find time to worship Jesus today!
No comments:
Post a Comment