My sister, Molly, and I combined efforts over the last few weeks to make some journals to sell for our friends, Matt and Elissa Roberts, to help raise money for their adoption from Ethiopia.
Last week we were able to put a check in the mail for $700 to Matt and Elissa. That is unbelievable to me!! My goal was to make $300, but I would have been happy with $150, honestly. I just wasn't sure if people would want a journal. Molly had a much more confident goal set for us of $500, but I just couldn't see how that would be possible. But as it turns out, journal or not, people love to help other people raise money for adoptions. I was blown away at the amount of requests for journals that came in so quickly! We made lots of trips to Hobby Lobby and Wal-Mart. Molly and I were fast and furiously making journals, sometimes until the late hours of the night, and praying over each one. I carried armfulls of packages to the post office, just overwhelmed with how many people were wanting to help our sweet, sweet friends.
Let me just share something that was really incredible to me. Only 31% of the precious people who bought a journal actually know or have met Matt or Elissa. That means 69% of the purchases were from people who don't know Matt and Elissa and most like never will know them! That is unbelievable to me! I am so thankful that the Body of Christ stepped up to serve my friends by doing something as simple as buying a journal. Honestly, I could not be more grateful. Molly and I could have made as many journals as we wanted, but without people to support the effort and give to Matt and Elissa, it would have been for nothing.
So, thank you for buying journals. Thank you for praying for Baby Roberts. Thank you for showing the love of Christ to those around you and blessing us and the Roberts family.
Matt and Liss, I love you guys more than I can say. I am so happy that you have obeyed God to bring a sweet orphan into your home. I know EEOO will forever be changed and will know the love God has for him or her. Lydia and Charlotte will be the BEST big sisters!!
1 comment:
YES!!!! Sooo awesome em!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment