- This summer we moved into a rental house. Actually, it's more than that. We are taking care of our friends' house because they are living in Germany for one year. It's been nice to be off campus and our of an apartment for the first time in our 7 years of marriage.
- Ethan began teaching at the seminary as a teaching assistant. He is doing this in conjunction with his job at the church. He is talented and smart and absolutely loving it.
- Ethan is in year 2 of his PhD and is reading like crazy. He enjoys school very much and I'm glad that God has called him to it.
- I hosted 2, one day girls' retreats at church for our ministry. They were both a lot of fun, totally different, and allowed me to have one of my best friends come in to speak. She nailed it and I'm so proud of her. Read her blog here: www.elissawroberts.com
- We went on vacation to see our friend on the coast. We had 3 days of rest, eating, and beach walking, but mostly a lot of talking. We love and miss Michelle too much.
- We said "see you later" to our precious friend, Sarah, who is following God's call to Asia. She has been a crucial part of our ministry for 3 years. We miss her but are so proud of her.
- We said "see you later" to some of our best friends, Lauren and Kevin, who are following God's call to Asia, also. If I write too much, I'll start bawling my eyes out, but let me just say that Ethan and I are so blessed to call these two friends.
- We have visits from both our families, which we always love.
- We have entered the 'season of weddings' at church. One of the joys of working with college and young adult age people is watching so many sweet relationships form. We've had 2 and have at least 3 more coming up.
- We are looking forward to Thanksgiving break when we'll head to New Orleans for a few days with my parents!
Hopefully, I'll update more quickly next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment