So, how about a proper blog post?
Earlier this year, in an attempt to save money and better control the ingredients we eat, I started making our snacks. Ethan and I both eat 3 small meals per day, with small healthy snacks in between. Since we started enjoying these homemade snacks, we've never gone back! I'm not a huge Pinterest user, but here is a link to the board for the healthy food: Healthy & Yummy. Here are a few that we use regularly...
No Bake Energy Bites : I make mine a little differently. I double the recipe, which lasts Ethan and I one week. I don't use the flax seed. I used unsweetened coconut, all natural peanut butter, and sometimes I don't add the vanilla. We have tried it with cinnamon chips instead of chocolate and it is amazing! You can change this up in so many ways, but they are delicious and I highly recommend them.
Frozen Granola Bars : We keep these in the freezer for an evening snack/dessert substitute. They are easy to make and delicious. We don't always add dried fruit and I have used honey instead of maple syrup and I think we liked that better!
Homemade Lara Bars: I don't have a recipe to link for you, but here it is: 4 cups pitted dates, 2 cups raw almonds, 1 cup chocolate chips, 2 Tbsp peanut butter. Put half the almonds in a food processor and chop. Add chocolate chips and pulse until combined and chopped. Put in a bowl. Put half the dates in food processor and pulse until it forms a combined ball. Add half the peanut butter and pulse until combined. Put the almond/chocolate chip mixture in the processor with the dates and pulse until combined. Put in a 9x13 in pan. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Press both batches in the same 9x13 pan until stuck together. Cover and refrigerate until set (a few hours) and cut into 16 bars. Wrap individually or keep in the pan and remove as needed. They don't have to be kept cool during the day, so feel free to sick on in a bag in your purse to munch on during the day. These are YUMMY!
KIND bars: Do yourself a favor and make these IMMEDIATELY! They are crunchy, sweet, salty, and fabulous. You have no idea. I don't make it all organic, for the record, and I used peanut butter instead of sunbutter. But these will quite possibly change your life. Wow.
Happy snacking!
2 comments:
Thanks so much for the shout-out on my KIND bars. You are too kind!! Seriously ... so glad you enjoyed them enough to share with your readers. Blessings, Kelly
Kelly! They are seriously amazing! Everyone needs to know!
Post a Comment