Monday, October 14, 2013

Favorite Stretches/Yoga Poses

Good morning!

It's rainy and yucky here today, which made waking up hard, but my nails are painted (finally) and the flowers on my desk are beautiful, so it's a happy day, nonetheless. God is so very good to us!

I have a new blog in my list of 'favorites.' Primally Inspired.

When I started looking into cooking gluten free dinners, Kelly's website was one of the first I came across and I have drooled over every single recipe of hers that I've tried. I'll have to do a whole post of my favorite recipes she has posted.

But today, I want to share with you some posts she did about stretching for good posture.

-Stretches for Low Back Pain and Posture: Sitting at my desk all day and wearing heels most days, I tend to have a little low back pain. Truly, if you do these stretches the way she describes in sequence, you'll feel stronger and more open. I even mind myself more aware of my posture the next day.

-Stretches for Rolled Shoulders and Posture: Again, sitting at my desk and working at a computer or reading and typing papers, you will notice that your shoulders will roll forward. The first few times I did this, the next day, my muscules were a little sore. Just goes to show that I needed to strengthen the back muscles to hold the shoulders in better posture. I have found these so very helpful.

I usually do both of these routines back to back, at least every other day. They are very helpful and easy to do! You should try them and also check out Kelly's blog. She's great!

Happy Monday, friends. Have a great week!

No comments: