So it's my birthday weekend...and as usual, the middle of January is a super busy time. We started school on Thursday and had to say goodbye to one of my closest friends. But it wasn't all sad...
My mom, sister and I went to New Orleans last week to celebrate my birthday and also to spend some time together before my sister moved. We had a blast, even though it was cold and rainy.
This weekend we had Winter Blast (our D-Now) at church and it was a great time of learning and worship for our students. I am sure God was glorified through the weekend.
My sweet friend Michelle had to say "see you later" yesterday at church. Everyone is heart broken to see her move halfway across the world, but we are also so very thrilled that she is following God's call on her life that far away. I can't wait to go visit! I will miss her every single day and am not excited about two years of my life without seeing her face daily, but I can't be selfish. I am SO happy to be able to pray for her as she is sharing God's love with those who have literally never heard. God's strength is amazing. He filled me with it this weekend, keeping me from being a total wreck and God will fill her each day as she goes through her journey.
I am also so thankful for other great friends that decided to come over and hang out so that none of us had to sit alone and be super sad. We watched football and got some frozen yogurt at Menchies. It was delicious. AND we watched 24. So overall, a good day yesterday, but glad for a day off to relax and get stuff done today.
That is all for now...
No comments:
Post a Comment