Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Polished: Shellac Manicure Review

Hi! Happy Wednesday! One of my friends, Amy, got a shellac manicure about a month ago. I was completely impressed with the color and shine of the polish and also very curious to find out just how long these things last. I asked her to take regular pictures of her nails for me to share on my blog as a review of how she liked the polish. So, here we go:

What is a shellac manicure? It's a special kind of nail polish, formulated not to chip or peel. Dry time is done under a UV light. Most shellac manicures guarantee a finish that lasts for 2 weeks!

Amy had her manicure done at a salon for about $35. Here is her review:

These are Amy's real nails with a beautiful pink shellac polish.


Still going strong!

No chips, not peeling, no breakage.

Starting to see new nail growth at the bottom, but still looking good!

More new growth, but no chips.

You can see the new growth pretty well at this point, but over 2 weeks in and there are NO chips!

24 DAYS! New growth clearly visible and looking a little weird, but the tips of the nails are still going strong!

Amy went to the salon to have the polish removed professionally. The rumor is if you try to do it at home, you'll damage your nails. She immediately had another shellac manicure done in a beautiful purple color because they lasted so long and looked so beautiful, it was worth the money!

I hope you found this helpful! Has anyone ever tried this before? What did you think?

Thanks, Amy, for taking the time to review your manicure!

Have a fun day!

2 comments:

tiffany said...

love it! i've had it done...and mine never made it longer than a week and a half. i do so much washing my hands working with preschoolers...the constant being in water wasn't good.

The Mills said...

I've been very interested in trying this! I was excited to see this post! However, I had a question: Is the nail still healthy once the shellac is removed or is it more fragile and brittle?