Happy Thursday!
It's pretty gloomy here today, but we can still have a happy day! I've got a second cup of coffee so my day is looking better and better!
I know salads are nothing new, but we've been trying to eat healthier/cleaner this summer. We are drinking only water and coffee and trying to eat a salad for either lunch or dinner. Lately, my salads have consisted of this:
1 cup of baby spinach
cucumbers
red bell peppers
carrots
avocado
broccoli
strawberries
blueberries
blackberries
almonds or pecans
freshly grated cheese
rotisserie chicken
I put about a tablespoon of comeback sauce on it.
I've been eating it with cantaloupe, watermelon, or pineapple. Also, we've been eating hummus with red bell pepper strips.
It's actually very filling and I feel a lot better with a big vitamin boost from all those veggies!
Again, I know salads are nothing new, but I hope you're inspired to eat more veggies and maybe throw some things in your salad that you've not tried before. There are endless combinations!!
I hope you have a happy and healthy Thursday!
No comments:
Post a Comment