For my birthday this year, my super sweet husband gave me a cookbook I had been wanting:
And I really enjoy it. Her recipes are delicious and super healthy. This was the first one I tried from the cookbook and it did not disappoint. You can try it with your favorite stir fry recipe. I made it with the stir fry recipe from the same cookbook (maybe I'll post it another time!). Make this ASAP! You can thank me later.
Brown Fried Rice with Kale and Scallions
Ingredients
1/2 pound kale, stems discarded
1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic, peeled and very finely minced (I just used the jarred stuff)
3 large scallions, cut into 1/8 inch diagonal slices
2 1/2 cups cooked brown rice (1 1/4 cup dry rice, and then cooked)
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon soy sauce
Directions
Cut the kale leaves in half lengthwise and then cut crosswise into very thin ribbons (chiffonade). Steam the kale for 7 minutes. (I actually did not steam the kale, just cut it in ribbons and followed the rest of the directions.)
Meanwhile, heat the vegetable oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat (I used my Le Creuset). Add garlic and cook, stirring for 2 minutes being careful not to brown the garlic. Raise the heat to medium and add the steamed kale and scallions. Cook for 2 minutes and then add the rice and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring. Add the soy sauce and cook for 30 seconds more.
If you make this, let me know how it goes and what you served it with!
Happy Thursday!

No comments:
Post a Comment