Hi! Happy Thursday!
Have you noticed that I like the Pioneer Women's recipes? Well, I really do. I tried this recipe out while Ethan was out of town a few weeks ago and it was so delicious, I decided to make it while he was home! The verdict...unbelievably scrumptious!
I did tweak just a few things for our liking. I'll make note of them in italics throughout the recipe.
Chicken Stir Fry and Pineapple Fried Rice
Courtesy of the Pioneer Woman, original recipe found here
Ingredients
1/2 whole pineapple, cut into chunks, size of your choice (original says to slice in spears and skewer them)
2 cups brown rice, cooked *1 cup dry, 2 cups water
1 package of chicken breasts (original calls for 6 pork chops)
1 Tablespoon butter
1 Tablespoon olive oil (original calls for Canola or Peanut oil)
1 whole large onion, slice thin
6 Tablespoons soy sauce (more to taste, or if more liquid is needed)
1 Tablespoon rice wine vinegar
2 Tablespoons honey
1 Tablespoon sriracha, or other hot sauce
Salt To Taste
3 cloves minced garlic
2 whole eggs
1 jar (small) drained pimentos (I actually don't use this because I don't care for it)
1-1/2 cup frozen peas (I did not use peas when I made it for Ethan, but the first time I did and it was delicious!)
2 Tablespoons soy sauce (additional)
Directions
-Cook rice according to package instructions. Set aside. (I actually do this the night before and keep it in the fridge to save time)
-Saute pineapple until they have good marks/color on the outside. Set aside. (I use my cast iron skillet, but this is where PW grills hers)
-Heat butter and oil over medium high heat, then add the chicken (or pork chops) to the pan. Saute until they have nice color.(of course, I use my le creuset)-Throw in the sliced onions and work them into the crevices between
the chicken pieces. Shake the pan and move the onions around and let them cook
for a good couple of minutes.
-While the onions are cooking, whisk together soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, honey, and hot sauce. When the onions are starting to soften, add soy sauce mixture. Shake the pan, stir it around, and let it
cook and bubble up for a good couple of minutes until the chicken is completely cooked and the sauce is thicker. Pour it over the pork chops. Set aside.
-Add a small amount of oil to the same pan (without cleaning it) and
return it to the stovetop over medium-high heat. Add garlic and stir it
around, then pour in eggs (previously cracked in a bowl) and immediately stir them to scramble
them a bit. Add peas, pimentos, and a couple of tablespoons (additional)
soy sauce. Add cooked rice and stir it around to cook for a couple of
minutes.
-To serve, pile rice on a plate, then top with a pork chops and onions
from the sauce. Drizzle a little bit of sauce over the top.
So delicious. Enjoy!

2 comments:
See...I can get behind a recipe like this. :)
Good!!! It's super yummy!!
Post a Comment