Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Polished: Color Blocking

Welcome to my new addition...Polished Wednesday! I keep my nails painted most of the time, so I'm hoping to show you some fun colors and new styles. Also, I really love other beauty products, like lipstick and eyeshadow, so I will share some of those with you as well!

Why not start off the first post with a super fun way to paint your nails...color blocking! I just ordered the Zoya Blogger Collection from, where else...Birchbox!



I saw a picture of someone actually doing this same style and I loved how it looked. You paint your thumb, ring, and pinky finger 1 color (for me, the grapefruit color in the middle called Kate). You paint your index and middle finger another color (for me, the orange one on the right called Coraline). Then, for me, I painted the light pink shade called Belle, which is very sheer and sparkly, over the color on all nails.


I like this look because they are all in the same color family, however, I think it would really pretty with some bold colors, too, like teal and purple, or mint and fuchsia.

Let me know if you try this! I would love to see a picture!

Have a very happy Wednesday!

No comments: