Ethan and I have started back on our "cleaner" eating routine. It's actually kind of tough! It's amazing how your body craves the unhealthy foods when it's used to having it. However, when we make the choice to fight through it and eat the healthier stuff, we feel really good! It's totally worth it!
We love Mexican food. Ethan could eat it every day. We feel like we've almost perfected the homemade salsa so we always like making that. Here is how we've been making tacos lately. They are healthier and delicious!
Ethan and Emily's Healthier Tacos
Ingredients:
1 package of ground turkey (97/3, you want a little fat in there)
1 can of El Pato tomato sauce (in the Hispanic foods section) per pound of meat
Mission brand Whole Wheat and Corn tortillas (amazing)
Fat free sour cream
Guacamole or avocados
Black Beans, smashed
Tomatoes
Monterrey cheese, freshly grated
Blue Diamond Nut Thins (almond with sea salt)
Chopped fruit of some sort (pineapple, watermelon, cantaloupe, oranges, mango, berries)
Directions:
-Cook turkey. Drain. Return to pan with El Pato sauce. Let simmer for a few minutes.
-Make salsa. If you do this ahead of time and refrigerate it, it's better, but fresh works, too!
-Assemble tacos.
-Serve with a serving of salsa and Nut Thins.
-Serve with fruit.
-Enjoy.
2 comments:
Sounds good! Going to try this. Tacos without the gross seasoning packet! I've actually not made tacos in forever in avoidance of the seasoning packet.
I know! I hate those things!
Post a Comment