Monday, October 13, 2014

Whole30

Whole30.

It's something I've wanted to do for about a year and a half, but I never pulled the trigger. But being home from Germany (I need to post an update since we've been home a while) and eating the food here again, I realized that we needed a restart. And that's exactly what Whole30 claims to be.

I was chatting with a friend and I asked her randomly if she ever thought about doing the Whole30 Challenge and she had. We decided right then to do it together, starting today! We took the weekend to clean out our cabinets and fridge, to make a good grocery list, and to restock on all Whole30 compliant foods.

I am so excited about this! If you don't know what Whole30 is and you care to read up on it, click here. If you don't want to read about it, I'll say this: it's basically a strict Paleo style diet for 30 days to "nutritionally reset" your body. When I was reading through all the things I couldn't eat, I was thinking this would be hard. But then I read the list of things I CAN eat and realized, this is going to be both delicious and doable!

I've rallied some friends together and we are going to keep each other encouraged during these 30 days. We will share recipes and meal plans and tips and tricks. We will pat each other on the back and give high fives and hugs.

I don't expect anyone to read these blog posts about our Whole30 journey, but I wanted a place to share my experience that wasn't Facebook.

Have a lovely day and enjoy some whole foods!

No comments: