Friday, March 4, 2011

Five Things Friday

For Five Things Friday, I am giving you my 5 favorite websites where you can shop guilt free. What does that mean? Well, it means that when you purchase something from their sites, you are actually helping someone! I'll explain:

1. fashionABLE

The scarves sold on this website are made by women in Africa. When you purchase a scarf, the money goes back to them, providing for them and their families and creating more jobs for other women who are stuck in poverty.

I love this yellow one:

2. Sseko Designs (say-ko)

The sandals sold by Sseko Designs are made by women in Uganda. They work for 9 months to earn money to pay for a university education. It's a really cool site and company. The sandals come with a sole and then with removable straps. You can purchase as many straps as you want and tie them in about a bizillion different ways. I ordered some in January and I LOVE them.

I really like these (and a blue and white stripe one):


3. Noonday Collection

At Noonday Collection, you can purchase accessories for you and your home. They are all handmade by artisans across the world, providing income for them to keep them out of poverty. The proceeds from the purchase go toward the Noonday family's adoption from Rwanda. Once they raise their money, they will continue raising money to support other families who are adopting.
I love these items, but I had a REALLY hard time selecting a top 3:



4. TOMS

Who doesn't love a good pair of TOMS? You probably already know that when you purchase a pair of TOMS, they give a pair to someone in poverty who doesn't own shoes, playing a part in helping to prevent diseases people contract by walking barefoot so much.
I have 2 pair already, but I love the spring line. My 3 favs are:

I love these people! Calvin and Erica are really good friends of ours and we just adore their family, including little Liam, who currently lives in Ethiopia, waiting to join his forever family, the Hos. They are raising money to bring Liam home and I love the options they have. I have purchased coffee bean bracelets from them as gifts and they were a big hit. I love that they have coffee (from Just Love Coffee) you can buy, and the company gives money back to them for their adoption fund. Please check out their site and see how absolutely adorable their family is!
Case in point:
Happy weekend!
Love to you!

1 comment:

Jess said...

Thanks for sharing! I will definitely be ordering a pair of those Sseko sandals for summer. They are cute and for a great cause!