Recently, Ethan and I have talked about getting our eyes checked out. We figured that we read so much and sit a computer so much that it would be good to figure out how our little eyes are doing. So we did some research, found a good opthamologist, and made appointments. Then we found a better opthamologist, made appointments with her and canceled our other ones. Saturday we show up for out appointments and the doctor was so sweet. She let me ask all my questions and made me feel like I was a smart patient for asking so many questions and wanting to know the details. I always think I'm annoying when I do that, and maybe I am, but she made me feel good about it. The diagnosis? My right eye is far sighted and my left eye is near sighted, but both are just barely that way. So apparently, my eyes only work together for about 3 hours a day and then they start to compete against each other. This has caused all sorts of little issues, like feeling dizzy, slow to focus on things, headaches. And I know what you're thinking...how did you not know you had a vision problem? Well, friend, I've never had one before and all my symptoms were so slight that I never put them all together. So there. Now I have glasses. And now that I'm not feeling cross-eyed as much, I'm really getting used to them. Here they are:
Ethan needs glasses too, but his aren't ready yet. Actually, his glasses are only for reading and studying. His eyes aren't really that bad, but the doctor wants him to prevent any damage from straining them so much.
All that to say, we're glasses wearers now. And we also really like our opthamologist. And I now have a new (rather expensive) accessory to put with my outfits. Although I only have one pair right now. That's ok...I really like the pair I got.
3 comments:
Welcome to the club! I've been a member for the past 18 years or so and let me just tell you... your first pair is way cuter than mine was! (Oh the 90s...)
Try this site:
www.zennioptical.com
It rocks! Miss you!
Rep the specs!
Post a Comment