Monday, June 16, 2014

Around Town, Farmers' Market, and Food

Here is a little bit about what we've been up to lately...

Looking up the back of our building. Those top windows are the ones in our living room and kitchen.


The German language lessons that I did before we came talked about how lots of streets are named after famous people. For some reason this one just made me chuckle to actually see it. We pass it on the way to the Williams' apartment.



We have dinner with the Williams family every week. Johnita and I cook together and we get to spend a lot of time with their precious family. This was the meal for week two and probably everyone's favorite. However, we had pastries for dessert and THAT might have actually been everyone's favorite.


Little flower stand set up again. Just beautiful.




We walked through the WochenMarkt, which is kind of like a farmers market. The produce was absolutely beautiful. Something interesting to me is that the prices are regulated, so all the strawberries cost the same at all the stands. There was no need to walk around the whole thing to see who had the cheapest. We bought from this stand. And they are incredible. I just ate some right before writing this post!



At the Euro Shop (exactly like the Dollar Store), they have World Cup Fever!


Johnita and Jessica invited me to dinner at their favorite place downtown. Jessica and her family are from Georgia and her husband is here studying. They've been here since February. Of all random things, her husband is from Jackson, MS. We grew up about 5 minutes from each other. I had this delicious, albeit scary looking, pizza with prawns. It was absolutely scrumptious. 


The garden outside. We sat on a patio in the garden. It's really quite old. I would love to know the age of that tree.


Me, Johnita and Jessica outside the Nudelhaus. Right before we went for gelato!


What I thought was interesting is that the waiters don't bother you at dinner. They take your order, bring your food, and then don't bother you again until you want your check. There are no free refills, so they aren't constantly at your table. We sat there for 2 hours and 45 minutes and no one asked for our table or rushed us out the door. It's a very leisurely dining experience that I very much enjoyed.

No comments: