Although quite scuffed up, I thought these old wood floors were so pretty with the herringbone pattern. This is at the Goethe Institut (where Ethan is in school).
While Ethan took his placement exam, I waited in the Main Hall at Goethe. It was very pretty and quite Hogwarts-like.
This is the grocery store around the corner from our apartment that I keep talking about. The stand out front has all the fresh fruits and vegetables. Inside it's just like a very tiny grocery store, about the size of the inside of a gas station in the US. The people all speak English well and are so sweet. We get smiles and welcomes from the employees. It's a very warm place and warm people and we like going there often, nearly every day, in fact.
Ethan wanted a pastry after his exam, so we went to the Bio (the above picture). I got this cinnamon croissant type thing. It's my favorite one so far.
We went for a walk in the Schillerwiese (which is a park, with paved walking trails through the forest). It was one of the most beautiful walks we've ever taken, as far as scenery goes. I wish I could explain to you how huge the trees are and how green everything is and how everything feels so old. It's quite amazing.
For my Pride and Prejudice friends, there is something about this meadow that made me feel like I was in the movie.
We've been here nearly 2 weeks. There are things we miss about home, obviously (like my bed and pillow!), we miss our friends and family, but we are really settling in for the summer. I think we will be very sad to leave and miss it here once we're back in Fort Worth.





No comments:
Post a Comment