Friday, June 20, 2014

Wilhelmsplatz and Cron & Lanz

Some more random photos of Goettingen:

The manhole covers have the city emblem and I think it's cool.


This is the Wilhelm Auditorium, which now is the auditorium for the University in town. It's about a 3 minute walk from our apartment.


Across from the auditorium is the statue and the square of Wilhelm. The square is almost always crowded, but it's really pretty, so I understand why.




My view from our table at Cron & Lanz, where we had our dessert date.


That statue is called the "Navel" because it's the center of town.


My handsome date:


Ethan and I have been saying since we got there that the downtown area of Goettingen reminds us so much New Orleans...old buildings (although these are much, much older), cafes on every block, street musicians around every corner, statues and churches and courtyards and iron gates. The one difference is that we exchanged beignets for pastries and cafe au laits for regular coffee or espresso. To my surprise, Cron & Lanz serves cafe au laits and I just had to try it. And it was delicious.


No comments: