On Friday evening, we decided to take a walk and explore a bit. We started out by going by the grocery store by our apartment that has a bakery to get some pastries. Then we decided to walk by the Goethe Insitut to see where it is before Ethan begins class. I had looked at a map and knew where we should go, including a path off the road that is a shortcut. I had no idea the path would be so beautiful:
It was like walking in a fairy tale. The path runs alongside this little canal that had a small waterfall:
When we came out of the path back onto the street, we were just on the other side of the Goethe Insitut. It took less than 5 minutes to walk there. This is the building:
Apparently, it's an old cloth factory. It's a beautiful building.
Across the street from Goethe is one of the city parks. It was gorgeous and green, with a big pond and a fountain. There were so many people out playing and walking and sitting on blankets. I can't blame them for taking full advantage of this gorgeous weather and long daylight hours.
We ended up making the block and exploring a little into downtown, down some streets we hadn't seen yet. We walked through another park on a path that turned out to be some of the old city wall, which was pretty cool. Have I mentioned how beautiful Goettingen is?




1 comment:
amazing. so beautiful!!
Post a Comment