I don't have any photos to share with you today, but we've been busy!
Ethan's classes are going well. He's tired and his brain is full when he's done, but he is loving it and is so thankful that he is here!
We've met some really neat people lately.
-We met an American family at church on Sunday and the husband/dad is from Jackson, MS. We grew up about 5 minutes from each other. Crazy! He is an Old Testament Professor in the states so he and Ethan have plans to meet and chat soon. I actually hung out with his wife at the park yesterday and she's a lovely person.
-Ethan is in class with people from all over the world and has had the opportunity to get to know a few of them so far.
-We met a man from Wisconsin. He's a history professor at a college in Wisconsin. We actually saw him walking around the city the other day and it was hilarious to us to see someone we 'knew' out and about.
-Johnita invited me to go to the park with her and Luke yesterday so she could introduce me to her friends. I met 3 other ladies, all who speak English. One from Florida, one from England, and one from here in Goettingen. They were all so very sweet to me. We are all close in age, so even though I don't have children, I think I'll join their little park play group!
-As we are out and about, we meet lots of people on the street and in the stores who speak English and can help us out. Ethan does quite well with his German, but it's always nice to have an English speaker to verify!
-We met a lot of other German people at church, but to be honest, it was all kind of a blur. They were all so friendly and warm, though.
Alrighty, there's a little update for you! I'll post later with pictures. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment