Sunday, January 23, 2011

Belated Birthday

I had a birthday last week and I enjoyed it immensely. I really like it when my birthday falls actually on Martin Luther King Jr Day because I get the day off!

The birthday fun began the Friday before when I showed up to work. I got called into the next office over for a really random reason and when I returned to my desk there was a huge vase of flowers sitting there from Ethan. I should have taken a picture of them, but let me try to describe them. They were orange tiger lilies, yellow daisies, white lilies and bells of Ireland. They were (and still are) gorgeous! We spent the weekend at DNow at church which was really, really fun.

Then on Monday, we slept in. I stayed in my pajamas almost all day, answering the phone and checking my facebook, which makes you feel VERY special on your birthday. I love that people who would never take the time to call you write on your wall to tell you happy birthday. I mean that in a good way, not negative like it kind of sounds. Then Ethan took me to get sushi at my favorite place, Wasabi. I could eat a "hot and sexy" roll every day of the week and never get tired of it. Then we went to Starbucks and got my free drink. We came home and watched "The Other Guys" and went to bed early because we had to work the next morning, where they had brownies and funfetti cake.

I know it may not sound like much to you, but it was seriously fun!

Just a quick picture of my and Ethan, since he made the day so wonderful! I'm glad I married him. Good decision.

5 comments:

Morgan said...

So happy you had a wonderful relaxing day! Love you!

dear willow, said...

Sounds like the perfect birthday!!

Sarah Denley said...

Happy late birthday! You two are adorable! By the way, I tagged you for something on my blog, but only do it if it's your kind of thing. No pressure!

Justine said...

Great birthday! :)
Happy belated Birthday!!

Just Better Together
come check out my giveaway!

Emily Rose said...

What tag did you do? I didn't see it! I'm blog illiterate!