Saturday, January 29, 2011

Salsa Recipe

I am really loving the Pioneer Woman right now. I was against it for a while because everyone was really into her. But as it turns out, she is completely worth all the hype surrounding her recipes. She has this salsa recipe that is delicious.

Click here for the Pioneer Woman's blog about the salsa, complete with pretty pictures. But here's the recipe too:

Ingredients:
1 can (28 oz) whole tomatoes with juice
2 cans (10 oz) Rotel tomatoes (one Original, one mild)
1/4 cups chopped onions
1 clove garlic, minced
1 whole jalapeno, quartered and slice thin
1/4 teaspoons sugar
1/4 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoons ground cumin
1/2 cups cilantro
1/2 whole lime juice

Instructions:
Combine all ingredients in food processor or blender. Pulse until you get the salsa to the consistency you like. Pioneer Woman goes 10-15 pulses, but I think I did about 20. Test with tortilla chip. Refrigerate salsa for at least one hour. Then serve!

*I ended up adding a lot more garlic (in powder form) and a good bit more lime juice.

Also, check out this recipe for burritos. They were seriously yummy!!

Enjoy!!