Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Finally...a blog post!

Today is Wednesday and I've been a terrible blogger lately. I have not had a lot of time to post, we've been so busy!

Actually, I really hate being busy. I don't like always feeling rushed and feeling like I don't have enough time to dedicate to the things that really need it, i.e. my husband and my school work. We don't have much going on for a few days so I plan on taking advantage of this break and getting a lot of work done.

I have a few things to tell you:

1. My parents are awesome. They are on this really cool, super healthy diet. And by diet, I mean that they have just changed their eating habits to be really healthy. It's all stuff anyone can do! Ethan and I used to be better about our food intake and we are inspired to be better again.

2. I love the show Parenthood. I really enjoy the characters and think it's a great show.

3. I bought this new product:
I tried it this morning and I think I'm going to love it. I put too much in my hair and I don't have the right kind of brush. My round brush did not do a good job of getting the powder out of my hair so I ended up washing it in the shower anyway. Which was my back-up plan in case it was an epic fail. I think I might get a cheap flat brush and try again. I'll update.

And now on to 30 for 30...

I hit a wall this weekend. I am really tired of the pieces in my 30 and I have run out of creative ideas. Apparently, I'm not the only one because the few other blogs I have read all said the same thing this weekend. Kendi, who is hosting the challenge, actually blogged about how to get past this wall we've run into. I read it on Monday afternoon, so I think my outfits will get better.

Here's day 21:

(sweater: khols - skirt: gap - tights: walmart - shoes: uo - bracelets: forever 21 - tired eyes: caused by monday)

I didn't wear the tights to work. I thought they might be...too much. What do you think? Too fishnet-y?

Day 22:

(blazer: wish nola - shirt: wish nola - jeans: target - shoes: ? boutique in nola)

I love this outfit. It's my New Orleans one because everything but the jeans came from there. Love it. I did not wear this to work. To work, I had on black tights and a black pencil skirt with the shoes, shirt tucked in, and blazer. I went to a Premiere Jewely party last night so I through on jeans. I really liked the jeans version much better.

Ok. I'm done now with my ramblings. I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday!

3 comments:

bex said...

i like the casual look its ubber cute!
Hey, one of my hubbys cousins is currently enrolled in his second year at Southwestern! Crazy right?

blessings,
bex

{shell} said...

LOVE the tights em - wear them to work! FOR SURE! (at least in California it would be ok...but we are a crazy state...so...)
MISSYOU!

Sarah Denley said...

I love, love, LOVE Parenthood. It's like the one show Peyton and I like to watch together. It's funny because I thought just the other day "I think we would have enjoyed this show even before becoming actual parents". Ha!