Sunday, February 20, 2011

Home Sweet Home

This past weekend was a whirlwind. A really fun whirlwind.

I work in the Admissions Office for our school and was given the opportunity to recruit at the college where Ethan and I met. We flew in a day early and spent the afternoon with my parents, eating a lot of good food my mom cooked. Friday, we went out to the college and got all set up. We spent the whole weekend recruiting in the room where we met and where our wedding reception was. It was really neat to spend the whole weekend there. We got to meet a lot of really cool people and make some really good contacts. We were able to see several professors and catch up with them. We were able to see a few of our great friends from college who were kind enough to take time out of their Saturday to see us. We are always thankful for the people God has brought into our lives over the years. We are blessed.

The flight home was a bit scary. We had one of those pilots who likes to take the descent quickly. There were at least 4 distinct times I thought we were going to die. But alas, he was a good pilot, just taking us down more quickly than I like. We made it. Thankfully. :)

So, now for 30 for 30...

This is Day 16. Ethan was dressed up that day so we took the picture together. Isn't he handsome? (Do not be alarmed by my extremely white legs. It is February people.)


Day 17, I forgot to take a picture. Let me tell you what I wore. My denim skirt. My striped short sleeve shirt. My yellow cardigan. My TOMS (not in my 30, don't hate. I needed comfy shoes for the plane).

Day 18-19 were spent wearing my recruiting attire, which consists of my wide leg jeans (in my 30), a blue button down with the school logo embroidered on it, and a plethora of accessories, namely a great necklace and/or scarf, earrings, bracelets, fun shoes. Whatever. This would also have fallen on Five Things Friday, which would have gone something like this:
1. Ethan.
2. Ethan.
3. Ethan.
4. Ethan.
5. Ethan.

Day 20 is today. This is what I wore to church. It was VERY windy today so my hair is lookin a mess. Oh, Texas. I love you and hate you all at the same time.
Again, I really had such a good weekend. A lot of time with my Ethan. A lot of fun visiting. A LOT of good food. And I love Mississippi. What a great place to be from! I love the South!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that skirt! SO CUTE! :)
Cardigans and Cookie Dough

Brittney said...

all right, that's it. i need a plaid shirt ASAP. and also? your skirt is adorable. love it.
-brittney
http://adayinlifetoo.blogspot.com (fellow remixer)

From Suns To Moons said...

You remind me of Selma Blair.