Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow Day #2 plus Day 2 of 30 for 30

February 2.

Day 2 of the snow/ice days. It looks exactly the same as yesterday, just more tire tracks in the street. However, that does not mean they are any more drivable than yesterday. We have seen so many cars slip and spin out just in front of our building. We did notice this today:

Can't really see it, but that's ice right above the towel.
Ice up the window frame about 4 inches.
Yep, that would be ICE on the inside of our window in our living room. Our building is really old so we put those towels down around our door and window to help the cold air stay out. We couldn't move them if we wanted to today because they are strongly secured to the glass with ice.

The whole state of Texas is in a power emergency and are doing rolling blackouts to help conserve. We have not experienced this yet and hoping we don't. We are, however, very thankful for the heat we do have in our apartment. Several people we know have already lost power for a little while today and from all reports, it gets really cold really quickly inside.

ALSO, it is day 2 of 30 for 30 and I have no intentions of making it out of my pajamas today so it looks like I'm delayed on this journey another day. I am getting to cheat a little bit and get inspiration from some of the other people who are doing the challenge and have already begun.

Well, Ethan is reading in the other room and I should probably make sure he hasn't turned into a popsicle. I need to write that paper anyway...

Happy snow day, everyone!

2 comments:

Katie A. said...

Oh my goodness! That is absolutely crazy! As much as I always long for a snow day just to be able to have a day off work, those are some of the things that tend to come with snow days (in the South anyway) that I don't look forward too....power outages! Praying y'all keep your power!

archives vintage said...

i heard about the rolling blackouts! lame! we've got 2 feet of snow, but i would take snow over ice any day. stay warm!!!